All New Stretchy Cast On
Somewhere in the depths of my holiday knitting, I accidentally created a stretchy cast on. It is related to both the Chinese Waitress and cable cast on, but is distinct from each. I have been using it a fair bit in other knitting projects, and am quite happy with the versatility it offers. Some features include:
- Short tail cast on: no need to guess at how long you should leave the end.
- Very stretchy: it is as stretchy as the ribbing, so it won’t cut in on socks, cuffs, or necks. It is slightly thick when relaxed, so should prove quite durable for kids.
- Looks nice on both sides, and especially with 1x1 ribbing.
- Easy to do once you get the knack of it.
- Worked in the round, can be used to eliminate the joining gap.
- Can be used for double knitting and brioche (more videos to follow on those.