Please purchase the width of reed that corresponds to your rigid heddle loom. All Ashford rigid heddle looms come standard with a 7.5 DPI reed.
Reeds for the 16" Sample-It and 16" Rigid Heddle looms are the same.
Reeds for 48" Rigid Heddle Looms are available on special request.
Reeds are available for the following rigid heddle loom widths:
- 10" and 16" Sample-It Looms (natural finish)
- 12", 20", and 28" Knitter's Looms (smooth lacquer finish)
- 16", 24", and 32" Rigid Heddle Looms (natural finish)
Reeds are available in the following dents-per-inch:
- 2.5 DPI or 10/10cm (use with super bulky, mohair, and art yarns)
- 5 DPI or 20/10cm (use with bulky or aran weight yarns)
- 7.5 DPI or 30/10cm (use with worsted or dk weight yarns)
- 10 DPI or 40/10cm (use with sport or dk weight yarns)
- 12.5 DPI or 50/10cm (use with fingering weight yarns)
- 15 DPI or 60/10cm (use with lace weight yarns or some fine weaving yarns)
- Available in all loom widths
- For use with multiple warp yarns of varying sizes. Assemble your reed to suit your needs! Great for using novelty or art yarns as accents!
- Varident reeds are not designed to replace standard reeds and do not contain enough parts in any one size to fill the reed. They come with a select number of pieces in each setting. See this chart for the contents of each kit.
- Comes in natural or lacquered finish, depending on the finish of your loom
Double Heddle Weaving:
- You will need two reeds of the same size for double heddle weaving
- All Ashford rigid heddle looms come standard with 7.5 DPI reeds
Because of the length, this item has a shipping surcharge. After shipping is calculated, you will be refunded any extra shipping that you paid over the rate for your region.
Sign up to get the latest news from our community