184m | 201yd
100% targhee-columbia wool
184m / 100g hank
14 stitches per 4"/10cm on 6mm needles
handwash cold, dry flat
- Citrine: Cast bronze. Citrine is a cool, swampy ochre muddled with olive, lime, and rust, the lightest member of a yellow-green gradient with Sulphur and Serpentine.
- Garnet: Spice market. This deep chili red is lightly shaded with black and purple, then toasted to festive perfection with autumnal gold, rust, and brown.
- Hematite: Blackberry pie. Hematite reads as the darkest possible magenta; it’s composed of black lit with dashes of scarlet and just a hint of lavender and navy.
- Lapis: Summer skies. Lapis is a blend of three blues tempered with black, brighter than Almanac in the Loft and Shelter lines, but still close kin.
- Lazulite: Deep sea diving. Lazulite is blackened navy with a pinch of lavender and teal.
- Moonstone: Snow shadows. Grey white with a touch of royal blue, Moonstone is a cool and tranquil pale hue.
- Obsidian: Lava glass. Obsidian is black marbled with glints of grey and white, which enliven the fabric and help to reveal stitch work.
- Serpentine: A forest watering hole. Serpentine is murkiest dark olive with subtle hints of navy, teal, yellow, and rust.
- Slate: Welsh rooftops. Slate is a moody, muddy blue grey with streaks of camel and rust.
- Fossil: Stags’ velvety antlers. Fossil is white warmed with a whisper of brown. Our palest neutral, Fossil begins our brown gradient, shading gradually into Woodsmoke, Barn Owl, Nest, and Pumpernickel. Fossil’s faint caramel glow is unparalleled for rendering ornate cable motifs or stitch patterns and creates timeless garments you can pair with anything in your closet.
- Geode: Foggy mornings on the coast. Geode is a twilight grey striated with royal blue and soft lilac. The merest hint of camel gives it a faint glow.
- Granite: Gulls on the winter sea. A steady, enduring, medium grey, Granite is very similar to Sweatshirt in the Loft and Shelter palette.
- Sandstone: Whole-wheat flour. Sandstone is a warm white seasoned with brown and a dash of camel for mellow glow.
Due to the closing down of one of the dye houses who handle this product, Brooklyn Tweed has advised us that it may take until 2023 before production resumes for this product. We have done our best to stock up as much as our space permits, but we are not expecting to receive new stock for quite some time. With that in mind, please be sure to purchase what you need for your project, as we cannot get more for the time being!
Quarry is a chunky brother to Shelter and Loft inspired by roving-style “unspun” yarns, offered in pillowy 100-gram skeins.
Our in-store sample of Quarry is made from the pattern Brooklynn Cowl, and is available for purchase and download on Ravelry.get more project ideas for this yarn on Ravelry