150m | 164yd
60% merino wool, 40% organic cotton
double knitting weight
150m / 50g hank
22-24 stitches per 4"/10cm on 3.75-4.5mm needles
hand wash cold, dry flat
- cosmos: Your favorite pair of well- worn jeans. Dark denim, softly faded.
- anchor: Rich charcoal spangled with creamy flecks of cotton. A sophisticated neutral, fitting for any wardrobe staple.
- plinth: Polished stone. For the lover of soft grey, a delicate, cool neutral.
- natural: Soft ivory. Merino and cotton fold together in pure, undyed form without color variation.
- seafoam: Celadon over porcelain. Silvery sage. A gentle green, leaning slightly warmer than Canopy.
- canopy: Light feathering through a grove of eucalyptus. Spring green that leans slightly cooler than Seafoam.
- cerise: Berries and cream. Blackberry Sorbet with a nod to Orchid hues.
- blaze: Cooling steel at the forge. Rusty red-orange with cotton flecks of the palest yellow.
- honeycrisp: Candy apple red softly shades to watermelon. Bright and bold.
- medallion: Shifting fields of golden wheat at sunrise. Rich saffron that fades to a dusty turmeric.
- blueprint: Bright blue ink scribed across graph paper. A bold and cheerful cerulean blue.
- currant: A meditative, dusty purple with warm mauve undertones.
- black walnut: The dark chocolate brown of rich heartwood with a silvery lavender patina.
Easy wearing with near-to-the-skin smoothness, Dapple delivers as the perfect go-to yarn for buttery soft baby sweaters, summer shawls and all-season apparel. This woolen-spun yarn is a blend of 40% Texas organic cotton and 60% Merino wool from Colorado. The spring and bounce of plump wool anchors this 2-ply DK weight yarn, providing structure and memory to your knitwear. Concurrently, cotton’s smooth hand softens wool’s rustic texture, making Dapple a dream for those knitters who crave a downier feel.
Organic cotton slubs shine throughout, creating marled and richly tonal effects within the colorways. With saturation ranging from light to dark in hue, each skein is a unique iteration with no dye lots to coordinate, making every project truly one-of-a-kind. Dive into this inspiring playscape and embrace the creative possibilities of multifaceted color. Experiment with fades, ombres and nuanced, blended fabrics — let Dapple do the work.
The idea for Dapple is rooted in Brooklyn Tweed’s values of domestic sourcing and sustainable textile production. Organic cotton was the perfect choice for our first foray into natural fibers beyond wool. American cotton also has a complex history, which still reverberates today. Sales from Dapple will contribute 3% profit to the National Black Farmers Association in perpetuity to support farmers who have historically been excluded from land ownership. No complex issue can be solved overnight, but moving towards a more sustainable future is crucial to our values of domestic sourcing, equity and antiracism.
We thank you for joining us in honoring the past and celebrating the future, through the lens of a beautiful yarn worthy of generations of heirloom knits. Together, this complex story is Dapple.
Our in-store sample of Dapple is made from the pattern Anker's Summer Shirt, and is available for purchase and download on Ravelry.get more project ideas for this yarn on Ravelry