dear friends and valued customers,
Wabi Sabi wants to thank you for your amazing and continued support!
While mask mandates have ended in Ontario, we are welcome and encourage everyone to take what precautions they feel necessary for their own health. If you do not have a mask with you and would like one, please let a staff member know and they can provide one to you.
We continue to offer curbside pickup. If you are not comfortable coming into the shop to pick up your order, please let us know either by tapping on the door or phoning the store, and we will bring your order to the step for you. As a general rule, we are not able to bring orders out to cars.
We also ship orders by for a flat rate of $15, with free shipping on orders over $150.
we are happy to help you during your visit with any of the following:
- picking out and matching colours
- finding the perfect materials for your project
- giving suggestions on projects that fit your needs and skill level
- finding the perfect gift for the crafter in your life
- figuring out what needles, hooks, notions, or equipment are right for you
- giving advice and information about equipment, roving, and fibre
- directing you to books, websites, or videos that may help with learning
- wind skeins into balls at the time of purchase (Please note that there is a $2 fee per ball wound, and that if we are busy or have a large order, you may need to wait until we have a chance to wind it! We do not wind skeins that you bring in from home or other stores.)
we regretfully cannot offer help with the following :
- mending your project or garment
- walk-in lessons on how to do a particular stitch or technique. We have project classes with skilled teachers who are able to offer individual help geared to the specifics of your project, but our staff need to be available to help other customers.
- troubleshoot confusing pattern instructions. We're happy to do this by email though!
- how do I pick up my order?
- you can come and pick up your order any time during our hours of operation. You don't need to make an appointment! All that is needed to pick up an order is the first and last name that the order was placed under, so if you need to send a friend or family member to pick it up for you, you don't need to make prior arrangement with us.
- how fast can i pick up my order?
- we pick orders as soon as our system alerts us to them, so most orders are picked within an hour of receiving them. You should get an email letting you know that your order is ready for pickup. If you do not receive an email within a day of placing your order, please check your spam folder, then check with us. We will email you if there is any problem with your order. Please note that large orders of items that need measuring (like roving) will take a little longer if we hare having a busy day in the shop, as our team has to take care of in-store customers too!
- oh no! I accidentally selected in store pickup, but I need my order mailed!
- that's no trouble! Just email the shop that you would like your order shipped, and we will send you an invoice for any applicable shipping fees. Once you have paid the invoice, we will have your order on the way to you.
- oh no! i forgot to pick up my order! Do you still have it?
- we understand that life happens! If you haven't picked up your order within 3 months, we'll send you a reminder to make sure that you haven't forgotten. If we have no response from you within 6 months of your order date, we will return the order and issue your refund to you as an electronic gift card.
canada post delivery
- where do you ship?
- we ship orders to Canada and can ship yarn, needles, most notions and fibre to the continental United States. Please note that we do not ship books or Ashford equipment to the United States.
- how long will my parcel take to arrive?
- we try to get orders packed and sent out as quickly as possible. Generally, orders are dropped off at the post office the day they arrive, Monday to Friday. You will get an email with the tracking number when your order has been shipped.
We cannot provide guarantees about delivery times, as it depends on many factors out of our control. Generally speaking, orders in the Ottawa area or major cities within Ontario and Quebec take a day or two to arrive, while rural orders seem to arrive within a week to ten days. If you are curious about where your parcel is, please check the tracking number that you will receive by email.
- how much does shipping cost?
- we offer $15 flat rate shipping within Canada. If your order comes to more than $149.99 before tax, we will ship your order for free.
- there is a problem with my order
- we're very sorry! Please contact us by email as soon as you notice the problem, and we'll do our best to resolve it quickly for you. Please read our shipping policy for further details.
- i want to change or add something to my order
- if your order has not yet shipped (you'll know this if you don't have a tracking number yet!), then we can certainly add items to your order and ship it in the same box. Just let us know by phone or email that you'd like to make a change to your order, and we'll figure out the best solution for your particular case.
- can i get in person help for my project?
- since it is important for our staff to be available to all customers in the store, we are only able to offer limited walk-in help on projects. As a rule of thumb, if the issue is likely to take more than 5-10 minutes to address, you may be better served by taking a project class or emailing us.
- can i use my gift card or store credit online?
- if you have a gift card that has a 16 digit code, you can enter that during checkout to redeem your gift card or store credit against your purchase. If you have an older-style gift card (that is handwritten), please email us a picture of the handwritten number on the back of the card, so we can confirm it against our records. We will then issue the amount to you via a digital code that can be used on our website, and cancel the old card. Please note that this is not an automated process, and may take a bit of time to accomplish depending on the age of the gift card!
- what discounts do you offer?
- in order to keep our pricing sustainable and as low as possible for all of our customers, we do not offer guild or other general discounts at this time.
- how do i return or exchange items?
- instructions on how to do so may be found here