dear friends and valued customers,
Wabi Sabi wants to thank you for your amazing and continued support!
While mask mandates have ended in Ontario, we are respectfully asking that all visitors to our shop wear masks if possible. If you do not have a mask with you, please let a staff member know and they can provide one to you.
We will continue to offer curbside pickup. If you are comfortable coming into the shop to pick up your order, you are welcome to do so, but if you are not able to wear a mask or are not comfortable coming in, please just tap at the door to let us know that you are waiting.
We will also continue to ship orders by Canada Post for the flat rate of $10 across Canada, with free shipping on orders over $125.
In order to provide the safest possible environment to our staff and customers, we are asking all guests to Wabi Sabi to take the following precautions before entering the shop, regardless of your vaccination status:
- If you have ANY symptoms or possible exposure to Covid-19 in the last two weeks, please visit another time. This includes fever, dry cough, sore throat, headaches, or a loss of taste or smell. Even if you believe it's just allergies or a harmless cold, please don't take chances with our well-being.
- Please, if you are able, wear a mask while inside the store. If you don't have a mask with you and would like one, please let us know.
- Be mindful of social distancing with our staff and other customers, and try to keep a 2 meter distance as much as possible.
we are happy to help you during your visit with any of the following:
- picking out and matching colours
- finding the perfect materials for your project
- giving suggestions on projects that fit your needs and skill level
- finding the perfect gift for the crafter in your life
- figuring out what needles, hooks, notions, or equipment are right for you
- giving advice and information about equipment, roving, and fibre
- directing you to books, websites, or videos that may help with learning
we regretfully cannot offer help with the following right now:
- wind yarn from skeins into balls
- fix mistakes on projects you bring in
- mend your project or garment
- teach how to do a particular stitch or technique in person : we have project classes for this, with teachers who are able to offer individual help geared to the specifics of your project.
- troubleshoot confusing pattern instructions. We're happy to do this by email though!
+ how do I pick up my order?
- You can come and pick up your order any time during our hours of operation. You don't need to make an appointment!
- Staff will ask you for the name that your order was placed under, in order to make sure that you receive the right parcel.
- If you are picking up for someone else, give their name.
- Please do not come to pick up your order until you have received an email letting you know that the items are ready for pickup!
+how long do orders take to be ready?
- If you want to pick up your order the same day, it is best to have the order placed a few hours before our closing hours to allow our team enough time to process your items.
- We generally pick orders within an hour or two of receiving them during our operating hours. Very large orders of items that need measuring (like roving) may take a little longer if we are having a busy day in the shop, as our team has to take care of in-store customers too.
- Generally speaking, if you have not heard from us within a business day or two of placing your order, check your spam folder to make sure that your confirmations have not been accidentally filtered, and email us to make sure nothing has gone wrong.
- Once you have received notification that your order is ready, you don't have to make an appointment or let us know when you're coming, unless you expect it to take more than 3 months to pick up your order.
- If you need your order mailed to you, please contact us by email and we will send you an invoice for our $10 shipping fee.
- If you have not picked up your order in 3 months, we will send you a reminder to make sure that it hasn't been forgotten. If we have no response from you within 6 months of your order date, we will return the order and issue your refund to you as an electronic gift card.
canada post delivery
+where do you ship?
- We are currently only shipping orders within Canada.
- All orders are shipped using Canada Post Expedited Parcel shipping.
+how long will it take to arrive?
- We try to get orders packed and sent out as quickly as possible. If there is a problem with your order, we will contact you by email and hold your order until we receive a reply.
- Orders are dropped off at the post office the day they arrive, Monday to Friday. You will get an email with the tracking number when it has been sent.
- We cannot provide guarantees about delivery times, as it depends on several factors out of our control. Generally speaking, most customers get their orders within a week.
+how much does shipping cost?
- Our rates are as follows:
- Orders up to $124.99: $10 flat rate
- Orders over $125: Free shipping
- Wabi Sabi is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you receive your order and it is damaged, please contact Canada Post to file a claim. If you have a tracking number for your order and it has not arrived, please contact Canada Post. Remember to keep all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
can I get help for my project?
- We are offering in-person classes right now, which you can join here: https://wabi-sabi.ca/collections/classes. Our staff are happy to answer questions for you by phone or email as well. As a rule of thumb, if the issue is going to take more than 5-10 minutes to address, we can best help you in a class or by email.
can i use my old gift card or store credit online? it doesn't have a barcode.
- Yes! Email us the handwritten number on the back of your gift card, or the name that the store credit is under. We will confirm it against our records and reissue the remaining amount to you as a digital code that can be used on our website or in store. Please note that this is not an automated process and can only happen during business hours.
do you offer guild discounts?
- The added costs of running a small business during the pandemic has left us unable to offer guild discounts at this time.
how do I return or exchange items?
- Any items returned to the shop for refund, credit or exchange must be in their original condition (unused), and be accompanied by a copy of the receipt or packing slip. We cannot process returns without a record of the order number.
- Please check the sale date of your items to be sure that they fall within our return period. We can accept items for full refund within 30 days of purchase, and yarn for store credit up to 6 months after the purchase date. We cannot accept items past this date, or items that were purchased on sale, clearance, as trunk show items. We do not accept return of books, fibre, special-order items, or items that have been opened or have damaged packaging.
- To return your items, please bring them to the shop packaged in a clear, sealed bag and let one of our team help you.
- If you are returning an item through the mail, please contact the store by email and we will give you instructions from there. Any shipping charges are not refundable unless your order was fulfilled incorrectly.