Special Hours FAQ
Dear Friends and Valued Customers,
First of all, Wabi Sabi wants to thank you for your amazing and continued support!
April 7 Update
Due to the recently announced lockdown, our physical store will be closed to walk-in customers for the duration of the shutdown. We will continue offering curbside pickup and Canada Post delivery during the following hours:
- Monday 12pm - 3pm
- Wednesday: 12pm - 3pm
- Friday: 12pm - 3pm
- Saturday: 12pm - 3pm
We are pleased to be reopening the shop for walk-in customers on Monday, March 13, 2021. Please read below for safety precautions that are required to visit the shop, or those posted at the door before entering the shop. Our walk-in hours are as follows:
- Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Saturday, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Sunday, 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
Our online shop is always open, and we will be continuing to offer curbside pickup during our regular hours. If the shop is at capacity and you are picking up an order, please either call or tap at the door, and one of our staff will find your order for you as quickly as possible so you don't have to wait.
We will also continue to ship orders by Canada Post for the flat rate of $10 across Canada.
Due to the stress on business posed by Covid-19, Wabi Sabi cannot offer discounts for guild membership at this time.
In order to provide the safest possible environment to our staff and customers, we are asking all guests to Wabi Sabi to take the following precautions before entering the shop, regardless of your vaccination status:
If you have ANY symptoms or possible exposure to Covid-19 in the last two weeks, please visit another time. This includes fever, dry cough, sore throat, headaches, or a loss of taste or smell. Even if you believe it's just allergies or a harmless cold, please don't take chances with our well-being.
- All visitors must wear a mask while inside the store. If you are unable or unwilling to wear a mask that covers both mouth and nose, please stick to curbside pickup and Canada Post delivery for now.
- Please use sanitizer to clean your hands when you enter the store, or wear a pair of clean, disposable gloves. We provide both in store for your use.
- Be mindful of social distancing with our staff and other customers, and try to keep a 2 meter distance as much as possible.
- We are limited to 2 visitors in the shop at a time. This includes children, spouses, drivers, caretakers, dogs, and friends. If they have a nose, they count as a visitor.
- We may ask for your email address or phone number. This is voluntary on your part, and will only be used to contact you if there is a risk of exposure. We will destroy the information after two weeks.
We are happy to help you during your visit with any of the following:
- picking out and matching colours
- finding the perfect materials for your project
- giving suggestions on projects that fit your needs and skill level
- finding the perfect gift for the crafter in your life
- figuring out what needles, hooks, notions, or equipment are right for you
- giving advice and information about equipment, roving, and fibre
- directing you to books, websites, or videos that may help with learning
We regretfully cannot offer help with the following right now:
- wind yarn from skeins into balls
- fix mistakes on projects you bring in
- mend your project or garment
- teach how to do a particular stitch or technique in person
- troubleshoot confusing pattern instructions. We're happy to do this by email though!
+How do I pick up my order?
- During our business hours (see above!), come to the door and knock. One of our staff will help you as quickly as possible. Please do not try to enter the store if we are in lockdown.
- Staff will ask you for the name that your order was placed under. Please have your order number available as well to verify that you have the correct order.
- Please do not come to pick up your order until you have received an email letting you know that the items are ready for pickup!
+How long do orders take to be ready?
- If you want to pick up your order the same day, it is best to have the order placed before 11am to allow our team enough time to process your items.
- We generally pick orders within an hour or two of receiving them during our operating hours, and within an hour or two of opening the following day. Very large orders of items that need measuring (like roving) may take a little longer if we are having a busy day in the shop, as our team has to take care of in-store customers too.
- Generally speaking, if you have not heard from us within a business day or two of placing your order, check your spam folder to make sure that your confirmations have not been accidentally filtered, and email us to make sure nothing has gone wrong.
- Please check our hours on our website (at the bottom of the page) to decide what time suits your schedule to pick up your order once you have received your notification that it is ready. You don't need to make an appointment or let us know when you are coming!
Canada Post Delivery
+Where do you ship?
- We are currently only shipping orders within Canada.
- All orders are shipped using Canada Post Expedited Parcel shipping.
+How long will it take to arrive?
- We try to get orders packed and sent out as quickly as possible. If there is a problem with your order, we will contact you by email and hold your order until we receive a reply.
- Your order will be processed and taken to the post office by our team as quickly as possible, usually within the same day if we receive it during business hours. You will get an email with the tracking number when it has been sent.
- We cannot provide guarantees about delivery times, as it depends on several factors out of our control. Generally speaking, most customers get their orders within a week.
+How much does shipping cost?
- Our rates are as follows:
Orders up to $199.99: $10 flat rate
Orders over $200: Free shipping
Oversized orders: We charge a $50 deposit on oversized items, and refund the extra shipping after we pack the order. You are charged the same amount that we pay.
- Wabi Sabi is not liable for any products damaged or lost during shipping. If you receive your order and it is damaged, please contact Canada Post to file a claim. Remember to keep all packaging materials and damaged goods before filing a claim.
+I have a question about my project. Can I get help?
- We are not offering classes at this time, however, our staff are happy to answer questions for you via email. Due to low staffing, we cannot offer detailed advice or suggestions over the phone or in person.
+I have a printed gift card without a barcode, or a store credit. Can I use it online?
- Yes! Email us the handwritten number on the back of your gift card, or the name that the store credit is under. We will confirm it against our records and reissue the remaining amount to you as a digital code that can be used on our website or in store. Please note that this is not an automated process and can only happen during business hours.
+How do I return or exchange items?
- Any items returned to the shop for refund, credit or exchange must be in their original condition (unused), and be accompanied by a copy of the receipt or packing slip. We cannot process returns without a record of the order number.
- Please check the sale date of your items to be sure that they fall within our return period. We can accept items for full refund within 30 days of purchase, and yarn for store credit up to 6 months after the purchase date. We cannot accept items past this date, or items that were purchased on sale, clearance, as trunk show items. We do not accept return of books, fibre, or special-order items.
- To return your items, please bring them to the shop packaged in a clear, sealed bag and let one of our team help you. If we are in lockdown, you can drop the items off during curbside pickup, and we will process the return without you present.
- If you want to exchange an item and we are in lockdown, it is best to place a new order for the items you want instead, and bring back the items from your previous order for return when you come pick the new ones up,
- If you are returning an item through the mail, please contact the store by email and we will give you instructions from there. Any shipping charges are not refundable unless your order was fulfilled incorrectly.